Carnaval du Cor 2021
Location: Castle Schwaneck, Pullach near Munich (see »How to get to Castle Schwaneck«)
Date: 21 May - 25 May 2021
We are very happy to welcome you for the 29th time to our festival »Carnaval du Cor«.
Our teachers will be (in alphabetical order):
- Prof. François Bastian: HfM Saar, BR-Symphonieorchester
- Prof. Ozan Çakar: Kunstuniversität Graz, DSO Berlin
- Prof. Carsten Duffin: Musikhochschule München, BR-Symphonieorchester
- Wolfgang Gaag: ehem. Münchner Philharmoniker, German Brass
- Kateřina Javůrková: Tschechische Philharmonie Prag, ARD-Preisträgerin 2016
- Stefan de Leval Jezierski: Berliner Philharmoniker
- Paolo Mendes: DSO Berlin, ARD-Preisträger 2010
- Eda Paçaci: Sinfonieorchester Basel
- Matias Pineira: Münchner Philharmoniker, Los Pitutos
- Lionel Pointet: Opernhaus Zürich
- Cenk Sahin: Konzerthausorchester Berlin
- Milena Viotti: Bayerisches Staatsorchester/Bayerische Staatsoper
- Přemysl Vojta: WDR Symphonieorchester, ARD-Preisträger 2010
- Klaus Wallendorf: ehem. Berliner Philharmoniker, German Brass (special guest)
- Prof. Frøydis Ree Wekre: NMH Oslo, Autorin diverser Bücher, u.a. Thoughts on Playing the Horn Well
- Dominik Zinsstag: Badische Staatskapelle Karlsruhe
In October 2020 we successfully held a "Corona edition" of our horn festival. In this regard, we are already well grooved and the castle has a hygiene concept that has been tried and tested several times by us and many other groups.
All lecturers and participants will not only feel safe, they will be safe too.
The target group of our horn festival are horn enthusiasts, for whom focused work on music and partying aren’t mutually exclusive. The minimum age for participation is 16 years. Although the level is high it is of course suitable for non professional horn players as well. Since we arrange almost all the played music ourselves we can consider individual strengths and weaknesses when assigning parts.
The arrangements will be provided as downloads at least four weeks before the festivals starts so there is enough time to prepare all the music assured.
Of course our teachers also offer individual lessons without any extra costs!
Participation fees for four days including accommodation, meals and all course fees + private lessons are as follows:
Students in school or university: 350,00 €
Employed people: 400,00 €
This amount already includes the registration fee of 100,00 €.
In short, except for the drinks everything is already included!!!
Please note, however: the registration fee of 100.00 € will not be reimbursed in the event of non-participation. Exceptions are a course cancellation by us or the castle, illness on the day of arrival proven by a medical certificate or an entry ban. In these three cases, the entire contribution is of course returned!
It is expressly reasonable – if necessary – to present a current corona test (not older than 48 hours) or a quarantine after re-entry into the home town.
In the case of cancellations after April 15th, an additional 100.00 € will be charged as a processing fee in addition to the registration fee, and in the case of short-term cancellations (less than 3 weeks before the start of the festival), the entire participation fee will be withheld.
In short: you should just be sure that you want to participate. If you are unsure or do not have a thorough overview of your schedule, it is better not to register. We have never had any trouble and want it to stay that.
We will present the results of our work on "Pfingstmontag" (24. May) in two short public concerts in the Pauluskirche in Ulm. The internationally celebrated baritone Michael Nagy will be a special guest and, accompanied by our excellent lecturers, Michael will sing works by Franz Schubert, Hugo Wolf, Richard Strauss and Erich Wolfgang Korngold.
The two concerts begin on May 24th at 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. Each concert last about one hour. Admission is free!
The address of the church: Frauenstr. 110 in 89073 Ulm
Please also spread the word about our festival. We especially welcome new participants! It is a great opportunity to improve a lot in a short time and to benefit from experienced successful horn players. The average age of our participants is in the high twenties, the level is very good and our teachers are all excellent. The beer too.
Kind regards from Hamburg!
Benjamin Comparot (festival director)
PS: The festival starts on Friday at 4 p.m. and ends on Tuesday after breakfast around 10 a.m.