Carnaval du Cor 2019
Location: Castle Schwaneck, Pullach near Munich (see »How to get to Castle Schwaneck«)
Date: 1st of March - 5th of March 2019
We are very happy to welcome you for the 25th time to our festival »Carnaval du Cor«.
Our teachers will be (in alphabetical order):
- Francois Bastian: Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks
- Prof. Ozan Çakar: DSO Berlin, Universität für Musik und darstellende Kunst Graz
- Carsten Duffin: Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks
- Marc Gruber: HR-Sinfonieorchester
- Brigitte Halter: Alphorn-Workshop
- Christina Heckmann (formerly Kloft): Staatsorchester Stuttgart
- Prof. Johannes Hinterholzer: Musikhochschule München
- Tillmann Höfs: Preisträger des Deutschen Musikwettbewerbs 2017
- Veronika Hümpfer: yoga teacher
- Stefan de Leval Jezierski: Berliner Philharmoniker
- Andrew Joy: (formerly) WDR Sinfonieorchester Köln
- Prof. Markus Maskuniitty: Hochschule für Musik, Theater und Medien Hannover
- Paolo Mendes: (formerly) Berliner Philharmoniker
- Matías Piñeira: Münchner Philharmoniker
- Lionel Pointet: Opernhaus Zürich
- Prof. Matthias Rieß: ORF Radio-Symphonieorchester Wien
- Swantje Vesper: Bamberger Symphoniker
- Milena Viotti: Bayerisches Staatsorchester/Bayerische Staatsoper
- Alessandro Viotti: Opéra National de Lyon
- Dominik Zinsstag: Badische Staatskapelle Karlsruhe
Further we are currently in contact with many more top horn players!
The target group of Europe’s biggest horn festival are horn enthusiasts at the age of 16 to 45, for whom focused work on music and partying aren’t mutually exclusive. Although the level is high it is of course suitable for non professional horn players as well. Since we arrange almost all the played music ourselves we can consider individual strengths and weaknesses when assigning parts.
Usually we build ensembles of approximately 16 to 18 players. The arrangements will be provided as downloads at least six weeks before the festivals starts so there is enough time to prepare all the music assured.
Of course our teachers also offer individual lessons without any extra costs!
For our next edition there will be at least two concerts again, maybe even an extra concert on Saturday. So far the following dates are safe:
Sunday, 3rd of March, 7:30 pm at Pauluskirche Ulm (Frauenstraße 110, 89073 Ulm)
Monday, 4th of March, 8:00pm at Bürgerhaus Pullach (Heilmannstraße 2, 82049 Pullach im Isartal)
The course fees are the following:
Students in school or university: 250,00 €
Employed people: 300,00 €
The fee includes accommodation, food (all beverages excluded) as well as the costs for the course and if requested individual lessons. Please note: in the case of short notice cancelations (less than 30 days before the festival starts) we will charge 50 € service fee.
Please also spread the word about our festival. We especially welcome new participants! It is a great opportunity to improve a lot in a short time and to benefit from experienced successful horn players for little money. The average age of our participants is in the high twenties, the level is very good and our teachers are all excellent.
Best wishes from – your team
Benjamin and Markus
PS: The festival starts 1st of March 4:30pm with a huge horn flashmob at the Marienplatz in Munich. Every horn player from that region is more than welcome to join, especially those who don’t actually participate in the festival. The pieces we are going to play will be announced in advance.