Carnaval du Cor 2021
Location: Castle Schwaneck, Pullach near Munich (see »How to get to Castle Schwaneck«)
Date: 12st of February - 16th of February 2021
We are very happy to welcome you for the 29th time to our festival »Carnaval du Cor«.
Our teachers will be (in alphabetical order):
- Prof. François Bastian: HfM Saar, BR-Symphonieorchester
- Prof. Saar Berger: Musikhochschule Trossingen, Ensemble Modern
- Prof. Ozan Cakar: Kunstuniversität Graz, DSO Berlin
- Pascal Deuber: Bayerisches Staatsorchester/Bayerische Staatsoper
- Prof. Carsten Duffin: Musikhochschule München, BR-Symphonieorchester
- Sarah Ennouhi: DSO Berlin
- Brigitte Halter: Alphorn
- Prof. Johannes Hinterholzer: Musikhochschule München, Camerata Salzburg
- Giovanni Hoffer: Jazz-Horn
- Veronika Hümpfer: Yoga/Alexandertechnik
- Kateřina Javůrková: Tschechische Philharmonie Prag, ARD-Preisträgerin 2016
- Stefan de Leval Jezierski: Berliner Philharmoniker
- Prof. Mahir Kalmik: Musikhochschule Düsseldorf, Opern- und Museumsorchester Ffm.
- Johannes Lamotke: Berliner Philharmoniker
- Prof. Christian Lampert: Musikhochschule Stuttgart
- Paolo Mendes: DSO Berlin, ARD-Preisträger 2010
- Eda Paçaci: Sinfonieorchester Basel
- Olivier Picon: Naturhorn
- Matias Pineira: Münchner Philharmoniker, Los Pitutos
- Jens Plücker: NDR Elbphilharmonie Orchester
- Lionel Pointet: Opernhaus Zürich
- Cenk Sahin: Konzerthausorchester Berlin
- Carles Chordà Sanz: Gran Teatre del Liceu, Barcelona
- Swantje Vesper: Bamberger Symphoniker
- Milena Viotti: Bayerisches Staatsorchester/Bayerische Staatsoper
- Přemysl Vojta: WDR Symphonieorchester, ARD-Preisträger 2010
- Prof. Frøydis Ree Wekre: NMH Oslo, Author of the book Thoughts on Playing the Horn Well
- Prof. Szabolcs Zempléni: Musikhochschule Hamburg, ARD-Preisträger 2005
- Dominik Zinsstag: Badische Staatskapelle Karlsruhe
The target group of Europe’s biggest horn festival are horn enthusiasts, for whom focused work on music and partying aren’t mutually exclusive. The minimum age for participation is 16 years. Although the level is high it is of course suitable for non professional horn players as well. Since we arrange almost all the played music ourselves we can consider individual strengths and weaknesses when assigning parts.
Usually we build ensembles of approximately 20 to 24 players. The arrangements will be provided as downloads at least six weeks before the festivals starts so there is enough time to prepare all the music assured.
Of course our teachers also offer individual lessons without any extra costs! In order to enable one-to-one lessons with all teachers, we will also use rooms at the nearby Pullach music school next year.
Participation fees for four days including accommodation, meals and all course fees + private lessons are as follows:
Students in school or university: 320,00 €
Employed people: 380,00 €
This amount already includes the registration fee of 50,00 €.
In short, except for the drinks everything is already included!
Please note: The registration fee of 50,00 € will not be reimbursed in case of non-participation. In case of cancellations after the 1st of December, an additional fee of 50,00 € will be deducted in addition to the registration fee. Furthermore, we can not accept bank charges, not even for refunds. Please speak to your bank first and ask for any fees. Especially with foreign transfers, this is very important.
In the event of short-term cancellations (less than 10 days before the start of the festival), the full participation fee is due and not refundable.
Please also spread the word about our festival. We especially welcome new participants! It is a great opportunity to improve a lot in a short time and to benefit from experienced successful horn players. The average age of our participants is in the high twenties, the level is very good and our teachers are all excellent.
Benjamin Comparot and Markus Meyr-Lischka
PS: At the start of the festival on February 12, we would like to invite Matias Pineiras‘ band »Los Pitutos« to our castle for an exclusive concert. The request has been made. Now we hope that it works.