Carnaval du Cor 2020
Location: Castle Schwaneck, Pullach near Munich (see »How to get to Castle Schwaneck«)
Date: 21st of February - 25th of February 2020
We are very happy to welcome you for the 27th time to our festival »Carnaval du Cor«.
Our teachers will be (in alphabetical order):
- Francois Bastian: Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks
- Prof. Ozan Çakar: DSO Berlin, Universität für Musik und darstellende Kunst Graz
- Pascal Deuber: (designiert) Bayerisches Staatsorchester/Bayerische Staatsoper
- Carsten Duffin: Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks
- Prof. Christoph Eß: Musikhochschule Lübeck, German Hornsound
- Brigitte Halter: Alphorn-Workshop
- Christina Heckmann: Staatsorchester Stuttgart
- Prof. Johannes Hinterholzer: Musikhochschule München
- Veronika Hümpfer: Yogalehrerin und freischaffende Hornistin
- Stefan de Leval Jezierski: Berliner Philharmoniker
- Andrew Joy: (ehemals) WDR Sinfonieorchester Köln
- Prof. Markus Maskuniitty: Musikhochschule Hannover, ARD-Preisträger 1994
- Paolo Mendes: DSO Berlin, ARD-Preisträger 2010
- Matías Piñeira: Münchner Philharmoniker
- Jens Plücker: NDR Elbphilharmonie Orchester
- Lionel Pointet: Opernhaus Zürich
- Prof. Matthias Rieß: ORF Radio-Symphonieorchester Wien
- Swantje Vesper: Bamberger Symphoniker
- Milena Viotti: Bayerisches Staatsorchester/Bayerische Staatsoper
- Alessandro Viotti: Opéra National de Lyon
- Dominik Zinsstag: Badische Staatskapelle Karlsruhe
Further we are currently in contact with many more top horn players!
The target group of Europe’s biggest horn festival are horn enthusiasts at the age of 16 to 45, for whom focused work on music and partying aren’t mutually exclusive. Although the level is high it is of course suitable for non professional horn players as well. Since we arrange almost all the played music ourselves we can consider individual strengths and weaknesses when assigning parts.
Usually we build ensembles of approximately 16 to 18 players. The arrangements will be provided as downloads at least six weeks before the festivals starts so there is enough time to prepare all the music assured.
Of course our teachers also offer individual lessons without any extra costs!
For our next edition there will be three concerts:
Saturday, 2rd of March, 8:00 pm at Basilica Saint Bonifaz (Karlstr. 34, 80333 Munich)
Sunday, 3rd of March, 8:00 pm at Pauluskirche Ulm (Frauenstraße 110, 89073 Ulm)
Monday, 4th of March, 8:00pm at Bürgerhaus Pullach (Heilmannstraße 2, 82049 Pullach im Isartal)
The course fees are the following:
Students in school or university: 250,00 €
Employed people: 300,00 €
The fee includes accommodation, food (all beverages excluded) as well as the costs for the course and if requested individual lessons. Please note: in the case of short notice cancelations (less than 30 days before the festival starts) we will charge 50 € service fee.
Please also spread the word about our festival. We especially welcome new participants! It is a great opportunity to improve a lot in a short time and to benefit from experienced successful horn players for little money. The average age of our participants is in the high twenties, the level is very good and our teachers are all excellent.
Best wishes from – your team
Benjamin Comparot and Markus Meyr-Lischka
PS: The festival starts on Friday around 16:00 pm and ends on Tuesday after breakfast around 10:00 am.