Carnaval du Cor 2020
Location: Castle Schwaneck, Pullach near Munich (see »How to get to Castle Schwaneck«)
Date: 21st of February - 25th of February 2020
We are very happy to welcome you for the 27th time to our festival »Carnaval du Cor«.
Our teachers will be (in alphabetical order):
- Radek Baborák (special guest): Solist, ARD-Preisträger 1994, together with his ensemble special guest at the concert in Ulm
- Maciej Baranowski: hr-sinfonieorchester
- François Bastian: Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks
- Andreas Becker: Deutsche Staatsphilharmonie Rheinland-Pfalz
- Peter Bühl: Badische Staatskapelle Karlsruhe, Musikhochschule Karlsruhe
- Sarah Ennouhi: DSO Berlin
- Marc Gruber: hr-sinfonieorchester, ARD-Preisträger 2016
- Brigitte Halter: Alphorn
- Christina Heckmann: Staatsorchester Stuttgart
- Prof. Mahir Kalmik: Opern- und Museumsorchester Frankfurt, Robert Schumann Musikhochschule Düsseldorf
- Kristian Katzenberger: Opern- und Museumsorchester Frankfurt
- Prof. Ab Koster: Sicher einer der Doyens der Horn-Ausbildung überhaupt
- Andreas Kreuzhuber: Bamberger Symphoniker
- Johannes Lamotke: Komische Oper Berlin, designiert Berliner Philharmoniker
- Prof. Sibylle Mahni: Musikhochschule Würzburg, ARD-Preisträgerin 1999, Ma’alot-Quintett
- Eda Paçaci: Sinfonieorchester Basel
- Jens Plücker: NDR Elbphilharmonie Orchester
- Martin Schöpfer: Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra
- Swantje Vesper: Bamberger Symphoniker
The target group of Europe’s biggest horn festival are horn enthusiasts, for whom focused work on music and partying aren’t mutually exclusive. The minimum age for participation is 16 years. Although the level is high it is of course suitable for non professional horn players as well. Since we arrange almost all the played music ourselves we can consider individual strengths and weaknesses when assigning parts.
Usually we build ensembles of approximately 20 to 24 players. The arrangements will be provided as downloads at least six weeks before the festivals starts so there is enough time to prepare all the music assured.
Of course our teachers also offer individual lessons without any extra costs!
The course fees are the following:
Students in school or university: 290,00 €
Employed people: 350,00 €
This amount includes a registration fee of 50,00 € (will not be refunded in the case of cancellation!) as well as accommodation, meals (except drinks), and – of course – the course fees and on request also private lessons. In short, except for the drinks everything is already included! Please note: The registration fee of 50,00 € will not be reimbursed in case of non-participation. In case of cancellations after the 1st of January, an additional fee of 50,00 € will be deducted in addition to the registration fee. Furthermore, we can not accept bank charges, not even for refunds. Please speak to your bank first and ask for any fees. Especially with foreign transfers, this is very important.
For our next edition there will be three concerts:
Saturday, 22rd of February, 7:00 pm at Basilica „Erlöserkirche“ (Ungererstr. 15, 80802 Munich)
Sunday, 23rd of February, 6:00 pm at Basilica „St. Pankratius“ (Brunnenstr. 1, 86165 Augsburg)
Monday, 24th of February, 7:00pm at Basilica „Pauluskirche“ (Frauenstr. 110, 89073 Ulm)
Admission to the concerts in Munich and Augsburg is free (donations are requested!) The concert in Ulm inkluding the guest appearance of Radek Baborák and his ensemble costs 20,00 € (reduced 12,00 €). Tickets are available at the box office, which will be open from 6:00 pm. Timely appearance is recommended.
Please also spread the word about our festival. We especially welcome new participants! It is a great opportunity to improve a lot in a short time and to benefit from experienced successful horn players for little money. The average age of our participants is in the high twenties, the level is very good and our teachers are all excellent.
Best wishes from – your team
Benjamin Comparot and Markus Meyr-Lischka
PS: The festival starts on Friday at 4:00 pm with a gigantic horn flashmob on the »Marienplatz« in Munich and ends on Tuesday after breakfast around 10:00 am.